Wednesday, December 28, 2011

31 Weeks- Happy New Year!




Well, it's 31 weeks today...meaning there are only 9 weeks left to go! With the due date nearing I am starting to get ready more seriously for the arrival of our little boy. Technically he could come anytime after February 8th so I am planning on being ready to go at that point. The baby shower is nearing, just 18 days away, and I am getting very excited for that.

The year 2011 is nearly through and I can't believe it will be January again next week. To ring in the new year I have bought two bottles of sparkling cider- things are going to get CRAZY! I've also completely redesigned the blog. I'm not exactly the best when it comes to some of the higher tech stuff involving blogging but I think it turned out rather decent for not knowing what the heck I'm doing. I hope you like the new look. I will be continuing the blog after Roxas is born too, it has really kind of evolved into a great way for me to get out some of my feelings and share what is on my mind every week and I'm sure with a new baby there will be plenty to share. Plus I still have a ton of sarcasm and wit that I haven't used up yet.

Christmas was over this past weekend and it was a fun one. I was surprised with a wonderful gift of brand new doors for our house. It may not seem like a big deal to many but to me, it meant the world. We never got around to updating the doors in our house and they have bugged me for the past 3 years! We got to see our family and spend a little time with just us too. It was somewhat bittersweet. As we enjoyed our day a little voice reminded me that it will never be just like this every again. I cherished every moment I could of it and I can't wait to have new Christmas memories with our baby boy. Even though it won't ever be the same, it will always be wonderful.

We went to our doctor today and I am pleased to report that Roxas is happy and healthy. His heartbeat was a steady 146 and for once he didn't have enough room to run away from the doppler! The doctor said I am measuring great and my weight is pretty good for it being after the holidays...hey, you don't argue when the pregnant lady wants her box of chocolate covered cherries. I have actually only gained 18lbs so far which is pretty average and makes me happy. The doc also informed me that he is in the appropriate "head down" or "vertex" position and showed me where his butt and limbs were at which was neat. He is "a good sized baby, not scary big...but big" according to the doctor as well. Kenny and I were decent sized babies too so I'm going to bet he weighs around 8 1/2 pounds.

This week he is still gaining weight (around 3lbs) and another inch (around 17in). His brain is still developing at break-neck speeds as more neruons meet up every minute. Those textbooks I've been reading must be helping. For the most part a lot of what he does now is just maturing and growing. This also means my belly is growing at crazy speeds. I've officially left the "honeymoon" phase of pregnancy according to the doctor and it's defintely starting to feel more like it at this point. Even though I whine and complain sometimes, it's still all worth it when I feel a little knee or elbow nudging me and saying "hey mom, just a little longer!"

That's all for today and I hope everybody has a Happy New Year and have a glass of champagne for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment