Wednesday, December 7, 2011

28 Weeks- Growing fast




28 weeks have flown by and there are only 9 more weeks until we are considered to be "term", meaning he could come any time after then and he'd still be fully cooked. Time is going by quickly but sometimes it also feels like it's going slower than a herd of snails stampeding through peanut butter. I'm getting anxious to finally get everything over with and just have him out here in my arms, and away from my spleen. For once in my life everything else (holidays, anniversary etc.) is pretty much at the back of my mind. I'm usually all about Christmas and get really into it but this year it seems like other stuff has just taken over my brain. I'm at least officially done with my schooling until I get accepted into the nursing program (hopefully next fall). I'm proud to say I managed an A in my last class [yay!] and I am looking forward to not being distracted with my schoolwork while Roxas is home for the first few months.

I've had my first experience with braxton hicks contractions, which kind of freaked me out at first. They are actually pretty annoying and I hope they stay very, very, irregular for awhile. Roxas is getting really big now, weighing about 2 1/2lbs. and around 15in. long. He rolls around and runs his hands and feet across my belly which is a really odd sensation. As far as development goes his lungs are almost completely mature, meaning if he were to be born this week he would probably only need minimal medical help. He still has a lot more growing and maturing to do though! He has been practicing his sucking reflex and breathing along with things like grasping, blinking, coughing and hiccuping. I'm happy to report my glucose test was normal, meaning I do not have gestational diabetes! Although the blood-work did show I am anemic but at least that just requires an easy iron supplement.

We went to "baby having class" on Saturday and learned some great stuff. The best part for me was seeing the new labor and delivery ward at the hospital. It was really nice and I'm excited to be able to enjoy the new facilities. I think it's also pretty cool that Roxas will be born in the same hospital that Kenny was born in!

Well I believe that's all I have for you right now, see you next week!






No comments:

Post a Comment