Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Number of the day: 35!

     This blog post is brought to you by the number 35. 


There are only 35 days left until the due date and we are at 35 weeks today. Where has the time gone? Lucy's circulatory and musculoskeletal system is now complete, she is roughly 20in long and weighing in at around 5 1/2 pounds. She's packing on the pounds, which is probably why I'm so hungry all the time. Getting closer and closer to birthday size!
    
     Now that the due date seems so near my instincts have kicked in full blast. I've been obsessing over things like cleaning our closet, shampooing our carpets, dusting, laundry and just generally nesting in preparation for a new little one. I have lists for my lists categorizing what I need to get ready, what things need to be bought by when and just about every detail I can come up with is covered. One problem with my obsessing is I don't sleep well when I know I have stuff to do. Pft! Sleep? I could use that time to re-organize the linen closet! The last few nights have been torturous for sleep. Lucy wakes up around 10pm every night and commences gymnastics class. (See video at bottom) She will kick, squirm and do who knows what else in there for at least two or three hours. Ever try to sleep when somebody is consistently poking you? It's not easy. Then if she isn't doing acrobatics I can't seem to find a way to sleep that relieves the sharp pains in my back and hips. It's all a cruel joke really. I know I won't be sleeping much after July but my body refuses to let me enjoy these last few sleep filled nights.

     We went to my best friends baby shower last weekend and it was awesome getting to see somebody I've grown up with becoming a mom. I loved getting to see her and get some great bump buddy pictures too. Our baby shower is this weekend and I'm really looking forward to it. I haven't been quite as focused on Lucy as I was with Roxas. I don't quite get the opportunities to with kiddo running around trying to body slam the dog, or climb a shelf, or otherwise just get himself into trouble. The baby shower will be nice to really get a chance to just focus on Lucy and celebrate her. Lots of friends and of course yummy cake. We are also doing a photo shoot on Monday with the ever talented Jenna (go check out her blog http://blog.jennaebertphotography.com/ ) and I'm beside myself with excitement to get some good pictures of this big belly and our little family. Can't wait!

     Another thought, besides the untidy state of my pantry, surfacing more and more is the idea of labor for the second time. Thankfully I have this weird labor amnesia. I can remember being there, what was going on in my head, but I can't remember the pain. That being said I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little worried. There are a few things I would like to have go differently this time, but I'm not going to be surprised if they don't. I did without the epidural last time and hope to do the same again, after all I did it once and I'm still alive, but my big goal this time is forgoing the pain medication. We'll see how it goes but even bigger than that is my goal of not being induced again. I was very, very lucky to end up on the better side of the 50/50 shot of a c-section rate with inductions last time but I don't really want to tempt fate. I have my fingers crossed for a spontaneous labor and a hopefully shorter birth this time but only time will tell. The best I can do is hope and pray!

    Well that's pretty much all for now, I will have pictures from the shower next week!

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment