Wednesday, June 12, 2013

33 Weeks- The usual

     I have a 5 1/2 pound, 20in long, very wiggly little belly tenant who is just growing more by the minute. Because of tremendous brain growth, her head circumference has increased by nearly half an inch just this week. [insert me pounding my head on desk] She is becoming more and more like a newborn now. This week her immune system has been shined and polished as it gets ready to take on the onslaught of germs out here in this big, bad, world. She has also maxed out her amniotic fluid levels, there is officially more baby than fluid in this big belly. Unfortunately that means less cushioning for the elbows, knees and what I'm convinced are extra limbs, to poke and prod at me. She is still in what I call the "launch ready" position: head down, nice and low in the belly. She may or may not move back up before the big day.
    
     Exhaustion is only the tip of the iceberg for me now. Now I remember this point from last time. It's when my body turns on me. Up until this point I've felt pretty decent, all things considered. I could have had a worse time. Until now. Now I get mad that I can't do things that I want to do because I physically can't. Just plain physically unable. It's infuriating. In addition to the extra weight on my frame I also get the added fun of carrying Roxas on my hip. It can get a little taxing. I also found myself cursing my washing machine the other day. It's a front loader...which means under normal circumstances I bend over to shove the clothes inside. I realized I can't actually do that now...I have to get on the ground, on my knees to load the washer. Oh the joys.

     Unpleasantness aside, I find myself getting small pockets of time where I can really wallow in all that fun excitement of having a baby in your belly. Sometimes life slows down just enough for me to sit and rub my belly, poking the parts that stick up. Feeling her react to my movements, feeling her react to my touch. Even having been here before I still can't wrap my head around the idea of a baby in there. A few times this past week Kenny and I have had the discussion of "holy crap...I can't believe we are having another kid...soon." It's really kind of snuck up on us. Really. As much as the days seem to drag on and on they also speed by.

     All too soon I will find myself with a baby girl in my arms and a little boy on my lap, my kids. I've started using the word kid in its plural form. Our kids. It seems so different. I'd be nuts if I weren't scared about how having two will change our lives, but much like the frog in the slowly boiling water...you don't seem to notice the change kids bring until it's already done.

     Speaking of little boys. Roxas had his 15 month check up and shots last Friday. He is growing like a little weed. He's in the 75th percentile for height and 95th for weight. His head is still off the chart. His upper right and left molars are about 75% of the way through now and there are few things I hate more than teething. I feel so bad for him. You can tell he is utterly miserable and there isn't a whole heck of a lot I can do. Thankfully it does seem like the worst is over for these molars. Too bad there are a bunch more to teeth to go. 

     Lucy and I had our check up too. Doctor gave us a gold star saying my weight gain was good (only 13lbs wooooo!) blood pressure looked good, belly is measuring within normal and the heartbeat was a strong 145 and Lucy was in the right position. We go back again next week, and then every week after that. It's getting close!

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment