Thursday, August 30, 2012

Diary of a Nursing Student- [Week 2]

     I've made it through my second week in the nursing program, only 13 more to go this semester! People have been asking me all the time how it's going and my best answer is: It's intense. Very, very intense. I am so thankful I am able to not work right now because I would probably have a nervous breakdown if I had to work too. There is so much material to learn in a relatively short time frame. Typically we learn a skill one week and are tested on it the next. One week. To learn and memorize 22 different movements for range of motion. One week to learn detail steps to taking vital signs. One week. Granted we can re-test on those skills a number of times if needed but it doesn't make it any less of a chore because by the time you master that skill you have ten more to learn and perfect. It just never ends. Remember I also have 8-10 chapters in the books to read, plus study guides and math problems. Yeah, I have no life outside of baby and medicine. The increased stress is already taking a toll on me physically but I'm just going to keep calm (ha) and carry on as best I can.

     Roxas is learning all kinds of new things and I really need to update more on him. I try to get pictures up when I can, but honestly when I get some free time it usually ends up being devoted to school, spend time with my husband, or a nap. Notice clean isn't on that list, my house is a complete and utter disaster zone right now and even though it's driving me up the wall...I just need to chill out and de-stress for a minute. That's how I found myself here writing. I could and probably should be practicing for my vital signs test this afternoon but I'm not. Oh well. Anyways, back to the point. Roxas is now sitting up on his own for a few seconds before toppling over. He really prefers to lay on his back and scoot himself all over the floor, backwards of course. Next week he will be SIX months old. Half a year. It goes very quickly, but I must say I am really excited for the future and I can't wait until he is crawling, walking, talking, running, playing, learning to play his own guitar, going to school...It's all very exciting to think about. I think I'm finally at peace with the fact that he will grow up and I'm looking more towards the future and getting excited about it. I'm enjoying the moments we have now too, but they will soon be gone and we will move on to the next chapter in life.

     That's all for now, hopefully I will be able to manage a 6 month update relatively on time. We are starting solid foods this coming month too, so I'm sure there will be many adorable pictures to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment