Thursday, August 23, 2012

Diary of a Nursing Student-[one week]

     It's been a whole week since I started this adventure called nursing school. I've heard rumors, horrible, terrible rumors and turns out they are true. It's intense. Very intense. This past week has been crazy, and I feel like it's been a month. I've learned so much in just the past week I think my brain just might explode. So far though, I'm keeping my head above water. I have got my homework done and I'm even ahead a little bit! Yay!
     I had bootcamp last week. Lucky us as nursing students we got to go to school a whole week before everybody else! It was just one day but it was pretty crazy. They just went over the dress code, policies and procedures. Just basic housekeeping stuff but it was a lot to take in for one day. On the way home though my mom and I took Roxas to the Deer Farm outside of Flagstaff and had a blast seeing Roxas experiencing all of the new animals. He got to see deer, goats, a camel and even reindeer!
Deer!

     It has been a whole new world for me though. Trying to adjust to being a student and mom has been a challenge to say the least. I have about 8 chapters of material to read a week plus 40 pages worth of study guides to fill out and read, and math problems to do and on top of all that I have lab skills I have to practice! Yeah...I'm a little busy. Now throw in taking care of Roxas all day and at least spending a little bit of time relaxing and I'm balancing quite a full plate. I really do love school though. When I actually have an interest in something I can focus and learn so much better. I really do enjoy being in the classes and learning new things- even when they are as simple (ha) as washing your hands or taking a blood pressure. I have gotten much more confident in my abilities and feel a great sense of accomplishment when I actually learn new skills. I know I made the right choice for us and I can't wait to move on in the program and learn even more. We'll see if I still feel the same way in a few weeks but for now I am really, intensely happy with it. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi there!

    I have a quick question about your blog! Please email me when you get a chance.

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete