Saturday, August 11, 2012

Last Days...

      Well today I hung up my apron and walked out of my work for the last time as an employee. I am now officially a stay at home mom and student. I must say I like the sound of that title, even though I'm absolutely terrified of this change. Ever since I was a little girl what I wanted most was to be a mom, and I am so blessed to have this chance to spend time at home with Roxas and chase my dreams of becoming a nurse. I'm not entirely sure how things are going to work out, but I know God will provide us with what we need, even if it's not exactly what I think it right, we will always be taken care of.

     I've worked at Dorita's Place (All natural Dog and Cat Food) for the past 5 1/2 years, it is only my second job...ever. I absolutely loved my job. I got to learn so much about pet nutrition and I've gotten to know so many amazing people throughout my time there. There are many, many, many, customers I will miss dearly. I had so much fun seeing all of the regular furry customers too. More often than not a happy, wagging tail would make my day. I enjoyed teaching people about nutrition and what healthy options were available to their animal. I especially enjoyed customers coming back to tell me how great their pet was doing thanks to a change in diet. Those were the moments I lived for. I saw how much love my customers had for me at my baby shower and I was overwhelmed with the feelings of appreciation and friendship. I would like to let every customer I've ever helped that you are all just as special to me. I will miss you all very, very much.
     Of course there are also my bosses, Dorita and Scott. Dorita is the most spectacular woman I've had the privilege of knowing and working for. She has become a second mom to me in the years I've spent working for her we have formed a bond that will never break. Scott is always there to help unload those unruly pallets of food, and tell me off for lifting something I probably shouldn't be lifting. I can't mention Scott without also saying how much we owe him for our home looking so wonderful. It's thanks to him I have the kitchen and house that I love so very much. Both Dorita and Scott are responsible for making quite a lot of my dreams attainable. Without their unbelievable generosity and kindness to me, my life would be considerable less blessed. It's absolutely a blessing to have them in our lives.

     It was somewhat surreal walking out of work for the last time. Hanging up my apron, turning the key as I left. I still can't get it through my head that I won't be coming back on Tuesday. It was a bittersweet moment. On one hand I am taking a huge step towards my education, and a way to help provide for my family. Then on the other hand, I am leaving behind something, and some people, I really do enjoy and love. I'm afraid of how we will support ourselves, I will admit to many moments of worry over this but I just trust in God and know it will be ok. This is what I feel is right for our family. In two years time I will be graduating college, taking the NCLEX and hopefully going to work as an RN. I've always naturally been drawn to medicine and nursing, probably because I saw my mom doing it and became immersed in the medical world at a young age...but I fell in love with it. I find our bodies to be immensely fascinating and I can't wait to learn more.

     So it is today that I take a step into our future. I'm taking a leap of faith and praying we don't end up flat on our faces. Here is to our bright future...


No comments:

Post a Comment