Wednesday, November 23, 2011

26 Weeks- Last week in the 2nd Trimester!


26 weeks today, and wow have a lot of things happened! We are now in double digits! Meaning there are only 98 days left until the due date! Can you believe it? I can't. We only have this last week left in the 2nd trimester and I have to say I get why everybody says the second is the best. I'm starting to become uncomfortable and some symptoms are starting to really bug me. The weirdest one I have is the leg cramps, although I know they are normal I was pretty sure one I had the other night was going to do me in. There's a whole host of interesting things going on with me these days but I will spare you the lovely details.

Roxas is getting bigger, and much stronger. He is kicking with serious force and apparently my liver, spleen and bladder make great punching bags. Sometimes those kicks actually hurt. He weighs about 2lbs. and is roughly 14 inches from head to heel. Trust me, those heels are getting their use already. Something cool that is happening with his development is his eyes are starting to open! The eyelids, which have been fused until now, are starting to un-glue themselves. His senses are even sharper now, so he reacts a bit more to things like lights and music. Which may be why he kicks his daddy in the head every time he talks to him, I find this very amusing.

Other things, besides human growing, have been going on too. I found out that I did not get accepted into our nursing program. Part of me was very relieved since I did not want to lose any time with Roxas after he is born (classes go from January to May) but then there was a tiny part of me that was disappointed in myself for not getting in. What's funny is looking back at the series of events now. I can see the way in which this was all planned out and I just laugh. They won't tell you why you were denied, but I have my suspicions it was because I am still in the middle of one of my classes. Now, I would have already had this class done if it weren't for a goof up at the college, but thanks to this goof up I am doing this class a semester later than I wanted. I think God knew what was coming and rearranged everything so that it will work out better in the end. You know what they say...Wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him your plans! I've never been happier with our lives and I've never been more excited about the future and all the amazing things it holds. I know I will get my RN eventually, even if it takes a year longer than I thought, I will get there. I know I will always be taken care of, even though I'm a pretty big mess of a human, God always takes care of me.

In other news I did a little goofing around with the camera today and had some fun being a "model" for a bit. Enjoy the silly-ness below.





No comments:

Post a Comment