Wednesday, October 12, 2011

20 Weeks- Wooaahh-oohh We're Halfway There...woaah-oooh...Livin' on a Prayer...

Yes I did sing that title as I typed it...I mean...c'mon who doesn't sing that song on at least a monthly basis? We are 20 weeks today which is halfway through the pregnancy already! Time has gone by very quickly but February just seems so far away. Well you may notice this post is lacking in ultrasound pictures...that is because we could not get our big 20 week scan until the 27th since the doctor is out of the office for the next few weeks. We were both pretty disappointed when we found out we wouldn't get to see our little man on the screen again. I also kind of want to prove the doctor wrong since she doesn't believe early gender scans, and therefore doesn't believe we know the sex for sure hehe.
We have a trip to Disneyland coming up in just 11 short days! I am so excited to go even if I can't go on all the awesome rides. I can't wait to take Roxas there when he is old enough to go after he's born and show him all the cool stuff there is to see and do. I spend a good majority of my day fantasizing about all the things I'm going to show him. Stuff like science, animals and music...although I think I'll leave the last one to just his dad and uncle or else he may never think music is cool. Someday he will get his first pet [that I will take care of] and maybe someday we will go to the goat farm and pick out our very own goat together. Nope, still haven't let go of that dream. Anyways enough about my daydreaming...


Roxas is weighing in at 10 1/2 ounces this week and is about 6 1/2 inches from the top of his head to his cute patootie, so roughly the size of a cantaloupe. I was going to buy a cantaloupe but considering I am allergic to them, I hate them and they might kill me with listeria...I decided it would be better to just borrow one from Google. From head to toe he is about 10 1/2 inches! His digestive system is beginning to get a work out as he swallows amniotic fluid more and more, and he begins producing meconium.
We did see the doc on Monday just minus the ultrasound stuff.We got our serum testing results back, where they test for risk factors of things like aencephalopathy which is fatal and the one I was worried about the most, spina bifida, down sydrome, edwards syndrome and neural tube defects. I am relieved to know the tests all came back negative. Of course the negative results don't guarantee he won't have any of those problems but the risk is very, very low. I can only keep praying God gives us a healthy little boy. The doctor said I am measuring perfectly and for the first time this morning I could actually feel my uterus and it feels very different from my usual squishy belly. Of course all my poking and prodding of my belly got the little guy up and I got a few quick kicks in response. He has moved WAY up in the past few days, he now kicks up around my belly button instead of down around my bikini line. So now if you want to try and feel him kick you won't have to sexually assault me! You still have to ask if you want to touch me though. The little bugger still won't kick hard enough to feel for his daddy, but I'm not giving up any time soon. I swear he does it just to bug me, proof that he has his dad's genes. That's it for now, we will see you next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment