Wednesday, August 31, 2011

14 Weeks- HELLLOOOOOO 2nd Trimester!


Finally we have made it to week 14 and now we are officially in the second trimester. Now is supposedly the "honeymoon" period of pregnancy. I'm hoping things start moving faster now. I still have several weeks to go before any of the fun stuff starts though. Baby is possibly growing some hair on top of his or her head, and their toes and fingers are curling and grasping! The baby also apparently doesn't particularly care for its mommy poking and prodding it with a doppler probe since every time we listen to the heartbeat it runs away and we start playing the "chase the baby" game, which honestly I find hilarious. As for me I'm still feeling "fluffy" and for the most part totally normal. We will be finding out what the gender is in only 9 days! I am so excited for next week I can barely contain myself. This will be the first time we get to see the little monster looking more like a baby and less like an alien blob. There will of course be plenty of pictures and video for that update!
Here is the obligatory belly picture. The "real" baby bump is lower down where my left hand is. We can feel the tough and firmer uterus where baby is hanging out.

No comments:

Post a Comment