Wednesday, July 17, 2013

38 Weeks- The Longest Two Weeks Ever

    Thirty-Eight weeks, I can't believe we are so close to meeting Lucy. It still doesn't seem all that real. The bags are fully packed, the bassinet is set up, the pack'n'play is in the living room, nursery is set, diaper changing stations are set up and all we're missing is the baby. Yet, I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around the idea of a second baby coming home.
     The last two weeks of pregnancy are the absolute worst because you're all set to go for the most part and then you just have to wait. Waiting is agonizingly slow and boring. I just keep telling myself at least every day that passes brings with it a higher chance she'll come the next day. I have two more doctors appointments before I know the doc will want to do an induction so I'd really like to get Lucy moving before then if at all possible. Have I mentioned how much I don't want an induction again? Yes? Several times? Ok. I tell the same thing to the doctor every time too.
     Right now Lucy is just awaiting launch day. She is still putting on weight and continuing to grow but it's at a much slower pace now. At our last appointment I was happy to hear I had made darn good progress. When the doctor checked she said I was most definitely a two, close to to three and 50% effaced. As much as I keep drilling it into my head that it means nothing, the little voice in my head gets excited hoping that it means labor is very near.
     Speaking of labor. I've never gone into labor on my own so this is still a whole new experience for me. I have no idea what spontaneous labor is but I now know what false labor is. Yesterday was full of on again off again contractions that weren't really regular enough to be of concern then around 5:00 yesterday they got really intense, painful and became pretty darn regular. For two hours I had regular, strong, contractions every 15 minutes or so. It was hard to get a grasp on timing because it still hurt in between (something that happened with my induced labor as well). After two hours though they started getting farther and farther apart, eventually fizzling into nothing but some little cramps. It's very annoying to be teased like that, also painful, but still very annoying. I just want to get this thing going already and move on to the sleepless nights already. Not that I'm getting much sleep now anyways.
     I've come down with my apparently traditional end of pregnancy cold. I got a sinus cold around this time with Roxas and it's back. I feel better today so I'm hoping it will be completely gone by Friday. Sleeping was already uncomfortable and now it's just down right miserable. I think last night was the first night in awhile when I actually slept the whole time. I know once Lucy is here I'll be thankful for one hour of sleep at a time but she isn't here now so would it be so much to ask for a few nights full of sleep while I can get them?
     Anyways, my awesome photog friend, Jenna, finished up editing our maternity photos earlier this week and I am so happy with how they turned out. She even managed several sweet shots of our little man too, no easy feat. You can see some of the pictures at her blog: http://blog.jennaebertphotography.com/ I can't wait until Lucy is here and we can get some super adorable newborn pictures too.
    Not much else is going on besides waiting around. I'm teaching myself to knit in an attempt to pass the time and so far I've knitted something that kind of looks like a pot holder for an elf. Hopefully I won't get a chance to make much else since I'll be so occupied with both kiddos.

Until Next Time....

No comments:

Post a Comment