Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Woo-Hoo!! 12 Weeks!

    
     YES! Finally! I don't have to keep a secret anymore. Seriously...the past few weeks have been absolute torture but I'm pretty proud of how far I made it before blabbing it online. So here we are again. Baby number two is on the way!

     First let me get some questions out of the way. Yes it was planned. I don't know why people think it is OK to ask that but they do. We do in fact know how this happened, so yes, it was on purpose. Secondly, yes I am insane. Honestly if I knew then what I know now we might have waited to have kids. We were pregnant with Roxas when I was very unexpectedly accepted into the nursing program. Both Kenny and I want a small-ish age gap between our kids and since Roxas is already here...well...we are not going to make a change that will affect the rest of our lives simply because of school. I always have the option to defer a semester if I really, really, need to but I am confident (for now) that I can do this. It will be hard, it will suck, I will complain, I will probably lose my mind but it will all be worth it. School is a short term thing and it will be over next year! Our kids will be around for the rest of our lives. That's my reasoning. Last on my list of FAQs is...the drinking. If you follow me on Untapdd or just see my posts concerning beers ect. rest assured I was not knowingly getting sloshed while pregnant! I will admit to some very, very, very small sips but nothing more.



     So, 12 weeks. Geez. Baby is about the size of a plum and just over an ounce in weight. The hands are more developed than the feet, and the arms are longer than the legs for now. We got to first see our little "blip" as we have been calling it on December 5th at 6 weeks exactly. The heartbeat was 103 and everything looked marvelous. We were able to find the heartbeat at home with the doppler at 9 weeks and one day, it was a steady 146bpm.
     As for me this pregnancy is proving to be similar to the last but with a few exceptions. Things are happening faster and are usually more intense. I have had more morning sickness this time but it really hasn't been all that bad. Best story so far is when I threw up into a trash can at the hospital in front of all my classmates and my new instructor. Oh yeah, fun times. I had always heard your belly pops out much sooner with subsequent pregnancies but I was astonished at just how quickly that was. If you have been one of the few to see me in a regular t-shirt in the past few weeks then you may have noticed the bump I'm not sporting. I am pretty excited about the maternity pants though, thank God for elastic waistbands!
     Another really amazingly awesome thing about second pregnancies is that you feel baby sooner! It's still too small to really give the good kicks and rolls but for the past week I've felt little flutterings every now and then, usually after I have eaten something really sugary! I can't wait to feel the real kicks and experience all those fun milestones again.
     We will be finding out the gender again (I'm already going insane not knowing) on February 2nd. Just 18 short days away! I'm so excited to find out if we are having another little boy or a little girl. I refuse to say what I think it is, mostly because I feel like I will jinx it. So for now, these lips are sealed.
     Well, that's all for now. Next week I'll be telling how we told our parents, I even have a video of my moms reaction if she will let me put it up on the internet. It's awesome. Until then, the obligatory bikini belly shot :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment