Wednesday, January 23, 2013

13 Weeks Almost into 2nd Trimester!

   
       Wow, I can't believe first trimester is already so close to being over. It might have to do with being so distracted with school and Roxas but this trimester has just flown by! It seems like just yesterday we were seeing the little blip on the screen for the first time. I'm really looking forward to the next trimester since all of the fun stuff gets to happen then.
     Baby is the size of a peach and is beginning to grow at a quicker pace. The organs are fully formed and will grow even more in the coming months. The spleen is hard at work right now producing red blood cells, and testosterone/estrogen are being made now. Baby is starting to make breathing like movements and swallow amniotic fluid. It's still pretty rare but I absolutely LOVE when I can feel the little butterfly bouncing about in there. I can't wait for that to happen more than every couple of days!
     One of my favorite things I bought when pregnant with Roxas was our doppler. I'm insanely impatient (me? Nooooooo, never) so having a month between doctors appointments where I get to hear baby's heartbeat is like Chinese water torture to me. With my doppler I can listen whenever I darn well feel like it. I've gotten really good at finding the baby and was able to find it a few days sooner this time around. It's also incredibly comforting to hear that sound when your mind has a tendency to wander down less desirable thought pathways. Here is a recording of the heartbeat from today :-)

     So, I said last week I would be telling the story of how we told our parents. If you know me I might be described as making a big deal of important events in our life, pregnancy announcements included. After our creative display with telling about Roxas we couldn't just casually mention...oh hey, yeah....we're gonna have another kid. No. We needed pizazz!
     We found out not too terribly long before Thanksgiving so we used the opportunity to our advantage.

How we told his parents: I had a cute little handmade Thanksgiving Day card I had made at MOPS last year and just hadn't had a great opportunity to use it, until now. I wrote a little poem thanking my in-laws for all their love, support and help they have blessed us with (very true) and the very last line read as " I hope you are just as excited, or more....as we become a family of four!" My father-in-law was the first to read it and on the first run through he just smiled and nodded but as he handed the card to my mother-in-law he took a double look and re-read it then started smiling really big. I wish we could have gotten it on video. My mother-in-law was great too, and they were both very excited to have another grandbaby on the way.

How we told my parents: I made up a fake "progress report" with MCC letterhead and everything and listed all of my tests/exam scores I had taken in nursing school up until this point. The very last "test" said Pregnancy Test (+) and the "score") was 4.5wks. After fielding numerous offers of my favorite wine over dinner I every so slyly gave my mom the paper and said hey check out my grades. She read it, said something like "great" and then I asked her to read it again....I think it was the third time when she finally got it. The reaction was priceless, and we did manage to get this one on video hehehe enjoy.


So that's the story of how we told our parents. Facebook found out with a little less flare, although I did have this whole elaborate song I did. I re-wrote the lyrics to "Call Me Maybe" to be "Call Me Baby" and it was pretty awesome if I do say so myself but it turns out I can't sing worth anything. Hearing me sing could be considered too torturous even by Islamic extremists so that video will forever linger in my computer never to be seen. Just know I tried. 

     Anyways, things are going swimmingly. I'm feeling much better, although at any given moment I feel as if I could finish off an entire Vegas buffet. I would definitely say I'm blessed to have an easier time than most...although I hope that doesn't translate into the old "easy pregnancy=hard labor" thing. Eeep. So help me, I will go to 42 weeks before I get induced again. No way on Earth do I ever want to see a bag of Pitocin ever again. I'm really hoping to not only go without the epidural again but I'm aiming for a completely drug free birth too. We will see.
      We get to find out the gender in....are you ready for this? 9 DAYS!!!! AAAAAAAHHHHHH! I'm going bonkers with anticipation for next weekend. I'm sure it will come quickly though. We do have names picked out for boy and girl but we may or may not decide to tell everybody on the planet this time. Those who do know what names we are considering, I kindly ask you not to mention anything until we do. Thanks!

Well, for now that is it...until next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment