Tuesday, April 24, 2012

7 Weeks Old- Thankful

Roxas was 7 weeks old yesterday! I am still amazed at how so little time has passed yet he has grown so much! He is one smiling and happy boy, I often wake up to his cute little smile grinning back at me from his cradle. Kind of makes all the exhaustion and frustration just melt away instantly. He babbles and coos at us all the time now too, he is even starting to try and laugh! His neck muscles are starting to become strong enough to hold his head up most of the time with only a little help. All signs our little boy is growing up. Sometimes it feels like he is growing so much but then I also realize he still has so many more things to learn like sitting up, rolling over, his first foods and words. I can't wait for all those great things but I'm sure I will be sad too. Heaven help me when he goes to school, I may need to be medicated. I found this song called "Safe and Sound" by one of my favorite artists, Matthew West. I made a little video montage with it complete with some of the video from when Roxas was born. I hope you enjoy it. I titled this blog "Thankful" because sometimes I have a hard time with wanting the lives that others have and I need to stop every now and then to look again at what I have and realize I have more than I think I do. While I might not have everything I want (Disney timeshare anybody?)I have a lot more than some people have and I am thankful for it. I have a healthy son who I absolutely adore, a husband who would go to the ends of the Earth for me and a ton of family and friends who are always by my side whether I realize they are there or not. Even though I would love to be a full time stay at home mom I have made the choice to go back to work and that choice has taken a awhile to become comfortable with. I am so thankful for a job that will let me come back slowly for a few hours at a time first and ease my way into things. I am also very thankful for a husband who works so hard to allow me the freedom of only working part time. For these things I am very thankful and I don't deserve to be so blessed. Well that's all for this week, until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment