Wednesday, March 7, 2012

From Induction to Birth...The Whole Story

Well as you can see Roxas has arrived!! He was born on Monday March 5th at 9:07pm. He weighed 7lbs 13oz and was 20in. long. We are so in love with our baby boy, I can't even describe how amazing it is to look at this tiny little person who grew in my body and is now thriving in my arms.

At our doctors appointment on Friday we were sent to the hospital for some fetal monitoring just to be sure Roxas was ok. He was looking good but the doctor was worried about a little high blood pressure in me and him being several days over due at that point. So, we set an induction date of Sunday the 4th if he didn't come naturally over the weekend. Roxas decided he was not coming out on his own though. After a wonderful weekend spent together Kenny and I headed off to the hospital at 7pm on Sunday the 4th. It was so crazy leaving knowing we would be coming home with our baby boy.

We checked in and after I nearly passed out from the IV, they gave me some medication to soften things up and get labor going. After walking and the medication I began contracting regularly...but in the morning I was only at 4cm so they started pitocin and the doctor broke my water to get things going. Over the course of the day they kept upping the pitocin and the contractions started coming stronger and stronger. I had wanted to go completely natural and I didn't get an epidural but I did end up asking for the IV pain meds later on. I won't lie...those contractions are awful and I wouldn't wish that kind of pain on my worst enemy. After roughly 2 hours of pushing, Roxas finally made his appearance and all that pain left my memory instantly and I was in love. I couldn't believe how much I could love a tiny person. So from our admittance to the hospital at 7pm to the time he was born was 26 hours, and every second was worth it! I have to say I have the most amazing and wonderful husband on this Earth. He is the only reason I made it through the entire labor without killing somebody. He was so fantastic and encouraging I can't even begin to describe how much I love him and how thankful I am to be his wife.

We got to come home today and it was so surreal that we were bringing our little boy home. We are learning a lot of things about being parents of a newborn and it has been fun, challenging, but fun. Tonight will be our first night home and I am excited and a little scared since we are really on our own with no nurses at our beck and call to come in and help us if we need it. We have family of course, but it's just a bit different being home as a family. It seems just like he was always meant to be here with us. Our happy little family. I can't stop staring at Roxas as he feeds or just sleeps on my chest (which he happens to be doing right now) and my phone is just full of pictures of him. We may be a little biased but we happen to think he is the most precious and perfect thing around.

I hope to keep updating at least every week or every other week with updates but I may be a little wrapped up to get around to much!


No comments:

Post a Comment