Thursday, March 15, 2012

Diary of a Dairy Cow

Note: please forgive any typos, I'm posting this from my phone and I'm very tired.

It is 3:14am and in sitting in bed nursing Roxas staring at his sweet expressions and even though I haven't gotten more than 4 hours of sleep in the past week and I feel utterly exhausted I can't help but feel so in love with this tiny gremlin.

Roxas is a week old now and I can't believe it. He already seems like he has grown and it's bittersweet. I can't wait for him to grow up and start taking and walking...and sleeping through the night, but at the same time I will miss his newborn cuddles and tiny size.

I am adjusting to life as a dairy cow as I call it. anybody who says breastfeeding is easy lies. We have had some difficulty but I am committed to nursing him, come hell or high water. We are both having to learn and unfortunately we are both stubborn! pretty much my entire day and night revolves around feeding and caring for him, I forget to take care of myself a lot.

well he is asleep  now so I am going to try and get some sleep!

1 comment:

  1. Number one rule: Take care of YOU, so you are your best to take care of Roxas! I know, much easier said than done! Try though... he knows when Momma is relaxed, and feels cared for... so make time to take showers, play some with the doggies or just relax with a book... it doesn't have to be an hour - even 15 - 30mins will do wonders! Love you... and I'm so enormously proud of the great Mommy you are with Roxas! I's amazing to me, to watch you with him!!! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete