Wednesday, March 28, 2012

3 Weeks Old


Wow. Roxas is almost a month old. I can't believe how quickly time is going by and how much he is growing. We are settling into something resembling a routine now, which is nice. Sleep is still a rarity for me, but that is the sacrifice a dairy cow has to make. We have good nights and bad nights and in between nights too. Being a mom is a whole new experience for sure. It's definitely not all cutesy fun adorable baby time. I will admit I've reached some very low points that I'm not proud of but any mom who doesn't have moments of doubt or frustration is probably abnormal. The toughest parts are usually when I want to do something for myself but have to put him first. I'm not just talking about going to see a movie or something either. Simple things like taking a shower, eating, or brushing my teeth all get trumped when Roxas needs me. It would be so nice if babies came with a pause button.

I really do love being a mommy though. It's still amazing to me that I had this baby in my belly, then pushed him out of my body and now he is in my arms. When I was pregnant I kept saying it would all seem real when I had him, but even now sometimes it really hits me that we have a baby. There are times when I just stare at him still and marvel at this amazing creation and gift I have been given.

I recently celebrated my 22nd birthday and it is amazing all the things that can change in just a year. Last year I was out having a great time enjoying my new drinking privileges and this year I was loving on and taking care of my son. I never would have thought that would happen! I have been off work for 5 weeks and so far I am loving being at home with the little munchkin and I keep extending my maternity leave...it started at six weeks and now I think I'm up to 12. I love spending my days with Roxas, as tiring as it can be. I wouldn't trade this time with him for anything in the world because I know once this time is gone I can never get it back.

Well, Roxas is up from his nap so that is my cue to wrap up this post and until next time...

1 comment:

  1. I hear you on low points. I am embarrassed to say I actually had to hold Evelynn in my arms so I could go pee without her screaming her head off. : / Shh...

    ReplyDelete