Wednesday, April 17, 2013

25 Weeks- One Tired Mamma


     25 weeks today and just like that, another week has gone by. It's been a trying week with the semester coming to an end and Roxas working on getting his teeth in I feel like I've been run over by a bus. I miss the days when I could just put my feet up and relax when I was feeling rundown. There is no sitting down and relaxing now. Well, I could sit down and relax but then Roxas would probably destroy half of the house.
     Just another two weeks until third trimester and coincidentally the end of my second semester of nursing school. I won't be going back to school this fall so I will be on my own "maternity leave" until January next year. I'm looking forward to getting to spend those first few months with Lucy and find a routine that works for us before school resumes. It will be a nice break but there are so many friends I will miss by staying behind.
     Ms. Lucy is growing by the second it seems. My instructor asked me if I was wearing a smaller sized scrub top this week compared to the previous one. Apparently my growth over the past week is quite noticeable. She measures up at about 13 1/2 inches and is heading towards the 2lb. mark. This week begins an intensive growth spurt and maturation of the nervous system. More body fat is being deposited and capillaries are forming just under the skin. The cortex of the brain is developing into layers which will allow her to think, play and feel in complex ways. Something kind of strange but interesting...her nostrils are starting to open up this week. Up until now they have been plugged with mucous. If she has hair, we would be able to see the color now. I'm betting she'll be a blond, but who knows maybe she'll have jet black hair at birth like I did.
     If fetal personality is any indication how a baby will be out of the womb then my hopes for a quiet, sleepy, well-behaved baby are not high. She moves all the time and kicks really, really, hard. I'm almost positive my insides are black and blue. She has some serious power behind those little limbs. During my test today I was having a hard time concentrating on the questions while I was being pummeled.
     My body is beginning to give me the signs that I need to start behaving myself a bit better. By the end of the day I no longer have my ankles anymore and my joints hurt in places that I didn't even know had joints. I also breathe like I just ran a marathon just from getting the mail. It's pretty sad really. I'm not sure how I will get through the summer with the 120+ heat and a crazy toddler to round up all the time. I probably won't leave the house (and the A/C). We have another doctor appointment next week and I can't believe how quickly those appointments creep up on me. Seems like I was just at the doctor. Sometimes it seems like we have an eternity left but then again...there aren't all that many weeks left to go.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment