Wednesday, February 6, 2013

15 Weeks- And It's A...

     Well if you've been around me, or on my Facebook page you know we are having a little girl. Yes, I'm sure it's a girl. I know a lot of people are telling me it's "perfect" and now we will have "one of each" which is cool I guess but most everybody knows I was hoping for a boy.
      At any rate I'm thrilled to be having a little girl and of course I love her just as much as Roxas. It will be a whole new experience having a little girl instead of a boy again. I was scared of having two children to start with but now I'm even more terrified about having a girl. I don't even want to think about all of the emotional issues, girly problems, boyfriends, make up, clothes uhg....I'm giving myself an anxiety attack just thinking about it. At least I know dolls, barbies, ponies and pink, poofy things whereas I'm kind of lost when it comes to tonka trucks, hotwheels, dirt and superheros. I have a whole new set of worries now. I feel like I know what I'm doing with a boy but I have no idea what I'm going to do with a girl.  Anyways, enough of my worries over gender.
     It was amazing getting to see our little girl on the ultrasound, looking like a baby instead of a little smudge on the screen. She was kind of sleepy but we did see her swallowing and she waved at us at one point. We got to see her in the new HD format and that was just crazy. It really helped me feel like I really am pregnant with another baby, we really are doing this again and I couldn't be more excited. Here are the pictures from the ultrasound:

cwgirlup's 14 Weeks 3 Days album on Photobucket

     This week she is 15 weeks old and becoming more active, rolling around and doing flips. Her heart is pumping about 100 pints of blood a day! She is about 4in long and weighs around 2.5 ounces. She practices swallowing, which we got to see on the ultrasound. Her legs are growing longer than her arms and all of the joints are moveable. She can sense light too. I've been feeling her a little better this past day or two but it's still a pretty rare event. I love that feeling, it's still the best in the world. It is absolutely impossible to describe if you haven't known it yourself, but it's wonderful.
     I've been feeling relatively OK. Second trimester has not been the honeymoon I had been hoping for. I'm still abnormally exhausted, feel sick in the mornings and I'm unreasonably emotional. I think there is a big difference with this pregnancy compared to Roxas. The emotions are the biggest thing. Every single emotion I have is magnified by 100000000. It doesn't take a lot to make me cry, it's really frustrating and very inconvenient to always be on the verge of tears. Simple things such as a newspaper article, or a commercial on TV will turn on the water works. This pregnancy is definitely proving to be a completely different experience than the last, as will be raising our baby girl.


Well with all that said.....I promised we would reveal the name in this post. I bet you thought I had forgotten. Our little girl is named: Lucy Mae Stutler. Since Roxas has the middle name of my grandfather we decided to pick a middle name from Kenny's side of the family this time and Mae comes from Kenny's grandmother. As for where we got Lucy from, well it was just by chance I saw it on a name list and kind of instantly fell in love with it. So, there you have it. Nothing weird or crazy, and I'm hoping that doesn't come back to bite me later.

Until next time




1 comment: