Wednesday, July 27, 2011

It's Graduation Time! From Embryo to Fetus...



9 weeks have already flown by. I am amazed at how fast these weeks pass, it seems like just the other day we were only 6 weeks. Our little munchkin is growing fast and is now about the size of a medium olive, and has the official title of fetus! I'm considering myself very lucky since my symptoms aren't too terrible. Thankfully the sickness, and I say just sickness...not morning sickness because the guy(oh it was definitely a guy)who named it was a moron and you feel sick whether it is morning, afternoon or evening. Anyways the sickness has subsided a bit, and the fatigue is getting better. Although I still have the worst case of "baby brain" ever, I hope that means this kid will be super smart since it's taking all my brain cells!
Even though it is all bloating and water weight I've started doing pictures and will put one up every week so we can all watch the bump grow from bloat to baby. I am so excited to be able to really feel and look pregnant, right now it is hard to wrap my head around the tiny little life growing in me. It is so amazing to think about the absolute miracle going on right in my own body. I have an image in my head of a master artist molding and shaping a great piece of art. That is what I picture when I think about our baby being custom designed, if you will, by none other than the same artist who painted the mountains, or shaped the rivers. Our son or daughter is being created by the same hands that put the stars in the sky, and gives the sun it's light. It's like getting Leonardo DaVinci to paint your bedroom. I feel amazingly blessed to be able to provide a place to nurture, love and grow one of Gods' most precious creations...another human being.

Just a few verses I thought of when typing this entry today...
"Before I shaped you in the womb, I knew all about you. Before you saw the light of day, I had holy plans for you: A prophet to the nations— that's what I had in mind for you." Jeremiah 1:5
"When a woman gives birth, she has a hard time, there's no getting around it. But when the baby is born, there is joy in the birth. This new life in the world wipes out memory of the pain." John 16:21

1 comment:

  1. This is a lovely post Kayla...You are so articulate in your wording...brought tears to my eyes and it is NOT the hormones lol

    ReplyDelete