Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Roxas Turns 3!

I can't believe it. Tomorrow three years will have passed since this picture was taken. It's so interesting going back and reading my thoughts from this day three years ago.

 Three years ago I was checking and re-checking our bags, which had been packed for weeks and weeks. I remember sitting quietly in our living room and just enjoying the quiet, the calm and the clean. It's never been the same since. I remember watching the clock, waiting for it to finally be time to leave. Kenny got home and I remember the anticipation we both felt. We stood in our kitchen talking about how much things were about to change. Making remarks about how we couldn't believe it was already time. I was eating fruit snacks and feeling Roxas kicking me as we stood there, about to walk out of our house and return forever changed. 

It was a long night, and an even longer day, and then another long evening. Then he was here and we were parents. Now that little skinny old man baby is sitting next to me showing his little sister a book about to turn three years old. He has grown and learned so much already. He's full of attitude and independence, like most three year olds, and he pushes my patience to the limits. He's funny and sweet, sensitive and caring. I can't believe the change that has happened right in front of my eyes as he's turned from a lump of baby to this active and bright little human. 

In some respects it seems like a long time, with an amazing amount of things changing so quickly. Yet it also feels like it was just yesterday we were bringing our little boy home for the first time. 

I'm really sad that for his first and second birthdays I was in nursing school clinical and now this year I am having to work but those are the sacrifices I knew I may have to make when I went into this field. I wish I were able to spend his birthday with him, but we will settle for celebrating this weekend.
Happy Birthday Roxas

No comments:

Post a Comment