Monday, May 7, 2012

The Day my Fairytale Began

Why is there a picture of me and Kenny from oh about 8 years ago? Well 8 years ago today I began dating this tall and handsome guy, eventually fell in love...and the rest is history.

I remember opening the door at my parents house to Kenny standing there in a gray tee-shirt. We went to my room and watched a movie. There is still a debate as to which one it was, but we watched The Lord of the Rings (I say it was two towers he says otherwise). I don't think we said one word the whole movie, and those are looooong movies. I had the typical new guy jitters and was terrified of making myself look like an idiot. A little while later my best friend came over to help me out. I finally got a little bit of courage and we began talking. It wasn't the first time we talked though, no, we had been talking for weeks on Yahoo! Messenger (oh yeah, old school). Later that night I asked him if he was going to ask me out. He said that depends on if you say yes. Of course my answer was yes.

The years went by filled with going back and forth to each others' houses. He would ride his bike down to my parent's house in the middle of summer sometimes to see me. We went on trips, we went on dates, and somewhere along the way we fell in love. He got to see me graduate from high school, not too many husbands can say that!


On the night of his 20th birthday I got quite the surprise of my life. His last present came in the form of many, many little boxes inside other bigger boxes. When he got to the last box the lights went out and when they went back on what I saw was wonderful. Kenny was on one knee in front of me with an open ring box and a gorgeous engagement ring. It was one of the best nights of my life. 


So there I was...18 and engaged. We set our wedding date and I began planning, but that's not all that we were up to. We began to look for a house, after all we didn't really want to live with our parents forever. We finally found a house the November before we got married and it needed a little love. We proceeded to gut the whole thing and re-do it. Remodeling a house was quite the experience and I hope to never do it again! The end result was fantastic though, I love our house more now because we made it the way we wanted it.
That brings us to the wedding. On February 7th, 2009 I said two words that forever bound me to my "high school sweetheart". I do. Two tiny little words. Two little words that change everything. This day was also one of the best days of my life.

We went on an amazing honeymoon to where else...Disneyland! This trip was the first of many, many, trips in our first few years as a married couple. We both love Disneyland and if we could just live there, we would. The next 2 1/2 years flew by and things were perfect. 
 
 Things were perfect but we decided to add a little cherry on top: a baby. Now we have come full circle back to the beginning of the blog and I'm sure you know the rest. We are now parents and although it is tough at times and has already tested us as a couple I am happier than I ever dreamed I could be. The past 8 years have been amazing and I can't wait to see what the next 8 years brings...and even more than that. We have grown up together and learned so much about each other as we went through the akward, the funny and the terrible times that the late teen years tend to hold. It's been a wonderful 8 years of memories.


No comments:

Post a Comment